A project for construction of new Assam House building with total floor area of 8500 sqm at Gopinath Bordoloi Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi was sanctioned for funding from the Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority at an estimated project cost of Rs. 49.99 crores.
Main components/ facilities of the Assam House are :
1. VVIP Suite- 3 Nos., VIP Suite - 6 Nos., general double-bedded rooms - 46 Nos., twin bedded rooms - 17 Nos., dormitory – 1 each for boys and girls.
2. Staff Quarter- 14 Nos.
3. Reception- 1 No., Conference Hall (35 persons capacity)- 1No.
4. Open courtyard for public address ( 200 persons capacity)
5. Cafeteria (70 persons capacity) – 1 No.
6. Car Parking ( 54 Cars capacity)
7. Centralised Air Conditioning, 320 T capacity
8. 40 KW Solar Power System that provides electricity to a part of the building round the clock
9. Light Automation
10. Solar Water heater with a capacity of heating 6000 litres/ hour
11. Wifi, Video Conferencing & CCTV Surveillance
12. Smart Building Management System that integrates, controls and monitors the buildings mechanical and electrical equipment such as ventilation, lighting, power systems, fire systems, and security systems, etc.